My extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry has been gathered over 40 + years as a practitioner in the UK restaurant world:
- chef- owner, Ransome’s Dock Restaurant, Battersea
- chef-partner at L’Escargot, Soho with Nicholas Lander
- head chef for opening of Le Caprice with Corbin & King
- head chef, The English House, Chelsea
- academician-mentor, Royal Academy of Culinary Arts
The diverse knowledge I gained as an independent owner-operator for over 21 years allows me to work in all aspects of restaurant operation, often combining wine and food to good advantage for my clients.
I established my independent consultancy in 2013 to share my experience with others, from fledgling restaurateurs to those needing guidance in an existing enterprise.
From negotiating a lease to recruitment and retention of staff, from seeking out key food suppliers and selecting the right wines, I can help you survive the ups and downs of establishing a business, helping to realise your vision in look, sound and feel.
- Menu development
- Wine list -giving you a unique selection to complement your food
- Purchasing and provenance
- Sales and profitability – your bottom line
- Human resources – working with your team